in partnership with
Meet Devon is a joint venture with over 50 years of hospitality industry experience, having worked with associations, corporates, incentives, golf groups and ‘high-end’ celebratory events.
Our mission: To offer a free venue finding service for business tourism professionals looking to book events in all manner of venues throughout Devon.
Meet Devon will offer honest, unbiased solutions to an event organiser. They will work with venues across the County with their business offering and skill sets to help secure lucrative events to increase their business as we come out of the pandemic, and commence the journey to recovery, and with a strategic 5-year plan to grow business events to the region.
Meet Devon’s vision is to become the ‘go-to’ organisation for all venues to promote their business to event organisers to match their specific requirements in a professional, friendly and speedy manner.
Discover Dartmouth has a direct link to Meet Devon with enquiries through the website link being distributed to relevant businesses in the area and enquirer liaison through to contract.
This will be packaged as an enhancement to businesses which includes conference venues, hotels, corporate attractions, incentive/team build experience companies.
As a Partner of Meet Devon Partners members also benefit from the following:
- Experienced industry knowledge and contacts.
- The portal will be promoted on several different levels, through networking, events, and social media.
- Training opportunities will be sourced and offered to enhance skills and strengthen the offering.
- Discover Dartmouth members have the option of being part of Meet Devon. Partnership will be based on a 10% commission only arrangement. Payment on results.
- Enquiries tend to occur in the shoulder months away from school and national holidays. This solution will provide lucrative events when most leisure business have to discount to attract the business, and, lengthen the traditional ‘season’.
- Promotional activity generated as a result of grant applications.
- Liaison with third party groups such as Meet England VisitBritain, VisitEngland